Happy Thursday Marvel fans, and welcome to our Marvel’s Avengers WAR TABLE Weekly Blog, where we'll give you the scoop on news, patch notes, Marketplace updates, and more!
Double, double, toil and trouble, Widow’s Bite and giant green muscle. We hope you had a safe and spooky Halloween weekend! Did you dress up in fun and frightful costume? Watch scary movies? Consume more candy than is reasonable or even enjoyable in a single sitting, and then acquire more at a discount post-holiday to continue your hallowed feast? (Which totally isn’t what we did).
Speaking of discounted goodies: The Marketplace sale is still ongoing! Emotes, takedowns, and nameplates are 50% off. For this week’s Marketplace rotation, see the Marketplace Updates section below. As always, check out the modifiers for this week’s Priority Missions, HARM Challenges, and Mega Hives down below.
Also, last Friday we had our second Marvel’s Avengers Dev stream with Andy Wong and Phil Therein –keep scrolling to go checkout the broadcast.
And finally, before we get into it, we just want to acknowledge the feedback we’ve been receiving on our social channels regarding what you all want to see: new content, as well as some content suggestions and QOL improvements.
We’ve seen all your comments asking for the next Hero, Kate Bishop, new missions to play, new villains to fight, and new places to explore. We’re excited to tell you all about it—when the time is right! We appreciate your patience and understanding!
We’ve also taken note of the most highly requested changes and are continuing to make progress against them every day. For example, our Reassemble Campaign replay feature is currently in testing, and we're working on a fix for item stats being blocked by viewing gear pieces!
If you have more suggestions, please submit them in our feedback channels on our Discord server!
Iconic Mission: Mistaken Identity
Minimum Power Level 25, +3 Power Level Offset
Guaranteed Reward: Epic Gear
Iconic Mission: Condition Green
Minimum Power Level 120, +5 Power Level Offset
Guaranteed Reward: Polychoron & Hero-Specific Gear
PRIORITY HARM CHALLENGES
Priority HARM Room Challenges have additional modifiers and reward comics that increase your collection and boost your stats.
Weekly First Completion Reward: Avengers Assemble (2012) #2
Minimum Power Level 15 Challenge
Minimum Power Level 100 Challenge, +5 Power Level Offset
The Mega Hive is a single-player chain of eight missions that tests your team’s might. Each week, you’ll have a shot at completing the Mega Hive mission chain. When you defeat all eight missions, the Mega Hive mission chain is removed from the War Table until the next weekly refresh, when you can run it again with new modifiers.
This week’s modifiers include:
Weekly Rewards: As you progress through the Mega Hive, rewards start as basic gear, resources, and small amounts of cosmetic currency. The more missions you survive, the resource drops increase. As you near the final mission, you’ll see better gear and artifacts awarded more often, and increased chances for patterns/nameplates. When you complete all eight Mega Hive missions, you’ll be rewarded with exclusive goodies reserved for this gauntlet, including a significant amount of high-quality resources..
Modifiers are game changers! Check out some pro-tips from our team that will help you prepare for this week’s challenges!
- Collider: Equip any gear that provides additional Particle damage or increases the rate at which the Particle status meter builds to really heat things up when Collider is active.
- Torpedo: It’s best to select heroes with strong Ranged Attacks or to equip gear high in the Precision attribute to best take advantage of Torpedo. Don’t forget, enemy Ranged Attacks also do more damage so be sure to Dodge and Evade incoming projectiles!
- Capacitor: Thor’s already impressive pedigree is exacerbated when Capacitor turns up the lethality of his lightning-infused attacks. Make use of his intrinsic Odinforce ability to lay waste to foes in a manner worthy of his heritage. If Thor isn’t your Hero of choice, make sure to equip gear with Shock perks or use other Heroes—like Black Widow—who also have Shock-inducing attacks in their arsenal.
- Resurgence: Quickly eliminating a single foe as opposed to bouncing around between multiple enemies or trying to control groups with area of effect damage will help make surviving Resurgence easier.
- Pressure: Recovering Willpower by any means necessary is key when Pressure is active. Utilize Takedowns, regenerative nanite containers, and skills that boost the chance of enemies dropping Regen Packs to ensure that sustaining critical injuries isn’t always a recipe for a quick defeat.
- Famine: Focusing on Takedowns and careful usage of the regenerative nanite containers are key to survivability when Famine is active.
If you haven’t already taken advantage of the Marketplace sale, now’s your chance! Emotes, takedowns, and nameplates are 50% off for a limited time.
Due to an issue that was discovered, Thor's Unworthy Outfit has been temporarily removed.
The Marketplace is a place for us to feature purchasable cosmetics in the form of Outfits, Emotes, Takedowns, and Nameplates. The Marketplace’s Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary items rotate weekly, and can be purchased with Credits.
Patch V1.3.5. is well underway!
Weekly Devs Stream
Last Friday, War Zones Director Philippe Therein and Community & Social Media Manager Andy Wong sat down to play that week’s Priority Mission and Drop Zones with the community in our first Play With the Devs stream! Check out the video of the livestream here: https://bit.ly/2I0Pvwc
Team up with the global player base to meet mega-goals and unlock rewards.
Goal: Defeat 125,000 Clones (Abomination and Taskmasters)
Reward: Team Nameplate 37
Check out this week’s community spotlight, featuring some fantastic shots showcasing Tachyon Rifts!
Digital Photography by M3owsterChef
Digital Photography by Patman_Parkour
Digital Photography by Trunen_GPGaming
Digital Photography by Laajune__2
Till next week, we'll see you online, and in-game!