Welcome to our Marvel’s Avengers WAR TABLE Weekly Blog, where we'll give you the scoop on news, patch notes, Marketplace updates, and more!
Hello all! This week brings our February 2022 development update, which includes some news about future content and how we're improving existing systems. We’ve provided a quick rundown of the improvements in the Development Updates section below.
It’s time for Double Resources! From 2/17 - 2/21, get double the stuff for your efforts!
Got some Units to spare? Shipments are now 50% off until 3/3! Make sure to check your Hero Cards, because those are also 50% off! Additionally, Challenge Card Activations are also going to be 50% off during this time!
The Red Room Takeover Event has returned! Do the techno lava dance from today 2/17 until 3/3.
We have hidden a couple of 18-digit codes for the archers in this week’s blog! Each code corresponds to a pack of cosmetic items for Kate Bishop or Clint Barton.
In Kate’s pack, you will receive:
- Outfit - Young Avengers
- Takedown - Always Stick the Landing
- Emote - Just a Moment
- Nameplate - 024
In Clint’s pack, you will receive:
- Outfit – Royal Ronin
- Takedown – Lining Up the Shot
- Emote – Here Boy
- Nameplate - 028
These codes are one-time use and can be redeemed on the Marvel’s Avengers website with a Square Enix account. They are first come, first serve—so make like Black Widow and get your spy skills on! Let’s see if you can find the two codes hidden in this week’s blog and keep an eye out for some more on our future blogs and social posts (look out for the magnifying glass emoji on socials)!
Designers Alex Kende and Brian Waggoner are here with improvements to the Discordant Sound Raid, OLT, and Villain Sectors, coming in the next major update: Patch 2.3!
- Checkpoint Rewards for the Discordant Sound Raid
- We have changed the setup of rewards to drop from major encounters in the Raid, rather than all at the end. There are now four instances in the Raid that will award Gear.
- This also means the normal Raid will drop an additional Klaw Minor Artifact (though it will not improve your Power Level). We are still looking at improving the subsequent rewards and will update you when we have that plan finalized.
- The new Mission Chain panel lists the order and what encounter gives you Gear.
- Reward Edits for OLT/Raid
- We have added Units as a reward to both the Mission Chain and the Mission itself.
- This means you will earn 1000 Units when you complete it the first time per week, and 500 Units for each subsequent completion.
- Vault/Villain Sector Rewards
- The rewards for these missions have undergone an overhaul.
- Vaults no longer need coordinates and can be picked up from the SHIELD Faction mission giver. One weekly Elite Vault and Villain Sector will also be a part of the weekly updates.
- The Missions will always stay on the War Table, and their rewards now have a chance to drop the Exotic variants of their sets. Completing the daily and weekly Mission Chains gives a higher chance at the Exotic.
- The weekly Elite Mission Chains will also award two pieces of Gear: one will be either Melee or Ranged, and the other will be either Defense or Heroic.
- The Gear Set that is awarded from Villain Sectors has also changed, but we will have more on that later—stay tuned!
- Hero-Bound Mega Hives
- We will be making more Missions and Mission Chains Hero-Bound, including the Mega Hive.
- The Mega Hives will work a little differently from other Hero-Bound Missions because of the elimination mechanic. If your Hero is above Power Level 140, even if you are knocked out during the Mega Hive, you will be able to claim weekly rewards after completing the Hive. Once those rewards are claimed, the Mission Chain will restart.
- The first weekly completion per Hero will grant rewards. If you’d like to claim more rewards on the same Hero again, you will have to wait until the weekly reset.
- We are looking forward to going into detail about more updates to rewards and Missions in the future.
His strength was never in the hammer; it was in himself. Inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the Marvel Studios' Thor: Ragnarok Outfit shows the God of Thunder discovering the meaning of Asgard.
He’s the first; he’s the Captain! Inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the Marvel Studios' Captain America: The First Avenger Outfit is in the Marketplace for a second week!
The first batch of Cryonic Current Outfits is available now! Check out the cadet blue hues and bright trim look for Captain America, Black Widow, Thor, and Kate Bishop.
Less isn’t always more. Check out the new Takedown for Black Widow: No Such Thing as Too Much!
This week’s free item is a 2-Hour Hero Catalyst! Make sure you claim it!
The Marketplace is a place for us to feature purchasable cosmetics in the form of Outfits, Emotes, Takedowns, and Nameplates. The Marketplace’s Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary items rotate weekly, and can be purchased with Credits.
Check out some awesome screenshots captured by our Community using our in-game Photo Mode. Share your artwork on social and tag us @PlayAvengers, and we may feature your epic photos in future blogs!
Digital Photography by josh_laborde
Digital Photography by YuGoOhniShi
Digital Photography by 205Gaming
Till next week, we'll see you online, and in-game!